The workshops are interactive two-day courses which give you the tools you can use to become a valued financial adviser to real estate owners. While it is difficult to detail all the specific information taught in the workshops, below is a list of the course objectives which should give a better understanding of the course material.
- Prepare and present the property’s “story” in laymen’s terms to the property owners an the monthly Owners Meeting…. “Where has the property been and where is it going…without a lot of accounting mumbo-jumbo.”
- Develop a Financial Expectations Summary which communicates the current expectations for the property, through year-end, as compared to the original plan.
- Understand the key activities that occur throughout the month at any given property with emphasis on how these activities affect cash, as well as how to communicate this activity among owners, management and accountants through the use of Flash Reports and Financial Expectations Updates.
- Communicate balance sheet activity which affects cash. ‘Reading” a balance sheet is critical to the management of real estate.
- Communicate the y ear-to-date operating activities which caused a variance in cash from plan and why.
- Develop an investor’s perspective on “cash’ and “taxes”.